Friday 28 May 2010

The naphthalene days are over

Her bones become the earth
Heady, musky aroma
Pulling memory strings

The naphthalene days
Fighting off the little enemies
That we now embrace
Golden fragile wings
Give reason to our plight

Our hearts grow melancholy
Winding trees envelope the truth
I'd give my heart to them
If only they could provide the proof

Is there light beyond the dark
Eternal morning bliss
Sipping from saucered cup
Scrambled eggs
The little things more than blessed

Free to again feel pleasure
Released from the pain
Barefoot caress
Eyes like new born open
And the power to regain

Her bones become the earth
Nurture woodland floor
Tears and prayers to nourish
Let her spirit walk once more

2 comments:

  1. so beautiful, you have such a way with words. I was going to say what my favourite part was but it's all so lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you kitten, I'm not so sure myself xxx

    ReplyDelete